Saturday, May 31, 2008

Benefits and Limitations of being SINGLE

I have come to realize being SINGLE can have its pros and cons. But this depends of the type of person you are. However, in reference to my own experiences, here are firstly:

Benefits:
1) More monetary resources for yourself
2) More time for yourself, family and friends
3) More willing to do certain things (e.g. Doing volunteering work) when you are not in a relationship
4) More chances to meet a better companion
5) Enable to know yourself better and be a better person

Limitations:
1) Lonely most of the time
2) No one to share your happiness and sorrows in life
3) May end up shopping alone
4) Find it difficult to fall in love all over again ( However, this only happen if you misses your ex very much)
5) Maybe negative about life at times

These are just the few benefits and limitations which I feel are substantial in an individual life but results may vary.

However, I would like to encourage those who are SINGLE to not feel so negative and think positive like what I constantly tell myself. I guess society is shaped in a way where having relationship is an "in" thing, if not you will be deem a loser. But as from my point of view, having a relationship that you mean it is better than just have one for the sake of having one because media and society encourages us to have one.

No comments: